Background Image | Imagen al fondo

(Background Image | Imagen al fondo)

"Pedro Lasch in his map and article "Latino/a America" envisions the Americas without any boundaries. He discusses how a map can show traces of immigrants travels. His work explores how globalization enforces boundaries to loosen the flow of capital while preventing movement of people."

"Pedro Lasch en su mapa y artículo, 'Latino/a America,' considera las Américas sin fronteras. Él discute cómo un mapa puede mostrar rastros de los viajes de inmigrantes. Su obra explora como globalización impone limites para aflojar el flujo de capital mientras se prohibe el movimiento de las personas."

Text from "Mapping Very Large Complicated Machines"
by Ted English for the online broadside Molossus– August 4, 2009.

Cita de "Mapear Maquinas Grandotes y Complicadas" por Ted English para el volante online Molossus– el 4 de Agosto, 2009

other portals

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Adjusted to Life in 6/5/2010

I feel somewhat established and independent and this is what a recent graduate of an American University from the United States is supposed to feel. Although, it could just be a forced illusion to console myself. I have decided I will not work here another year, maybe this confirms that the established and independent self-proclamation is a farce. 

Officially I have 2 weeks remaining with the students. In less than one month I will be on a plane headed to Sydney, Australia to see my sister, a positively overwhelming predicament. Thereafter I will return to an empty flat and a much less populated Doha. Summers are told to be ghostly and eery due to the intense summer heat driving out its ex-pat habitants. I must return to clear out the last of my things and return our cable box and internet router to Q-tel for some extra cash. Two days of oddness and solitude.  After, I will head back to Houston. As I grow older time accelerates. How could I slow down?



Years 5/6 boys basketball team.
Top From Left (Mohammed, Ayman, Abdulrahman, Khalid T.)

Bottom From Left (Khalid S., Johan, Khalid)

No comments:

Post a Comment